Erick Sherab Zangpo has a wonderful post on his ‘Empty Elephant: New Tibetan Buddhist Translations and More‘ blog:
Inspired by the teachings of Lama Zopa Rinpoche and Khentrul Lodro Thaye Rinpoche….
This work is dedicated to all beings – may they always have success.
Compiled by Erick Sherab Zangpo.
You should read the whole thing (and follow Erick on Twitter and FaceBook), but here is a summary of Erick Sherab Zangpo’s ‘Practices for Success’:
1) GIVE RISE TO BODHICHITTA. DO ALL OF YOUR ACTIONS WITH BODHICHITTA.
2) Do TONGLEN!
3) REJOICE in the merit, happiness, virtue, positive potential, and amazing, inconceivable causes of happiness, merit, and virtue created by all the buddhas, bodhisattvas, and all sentient beings of the ten directions and three times,
4) MAKE OFFERINGS to your Gurus, Lamas, Spiritual Teachers, and Spiritual Friends.
5) Make offerings to all of your Spiritual Teacher’s students.
6) Make offerings to EVERYONE and EVERYTHING — all sentient beings.
7) DO PROSTRATIONS to all the buddhas, bodhisattvas, the Gurus, and the Triple Gem.
9) Keep precepts as much as possible, such as the Sojong/8 Mahayana Precepts, the 5 Lay Precepts, the Bodhisattva Precepts, and any other precepts that you have received from your teachers.
10) Recite the short “Dü Sum Sangye” Barchay Lamsel (Dispelling Obstacles from the Path) prayer to Guru Rinpoche many times.
11) Recite the Diamond Cutter Sutra many times.
12) Recite the Arya Sanghata Sutra many times.
13) Recite the Sutra of Golden Light many times.
14) Recite the Heart Sutra many times.
15) Print many copies of the Diamond Sutra, and give them away to others.
16) Print many copies of the Arya Sanghata Sutra, and give them away to others.
17) Print many copies of the Sutra of Golden Light, and give them away to others.
18) Print many copies of the Heart Sutra, and give them away to others.
19) Recite this mantra many times: OM MANI VAJRA HŪNG
20) Recite this sutra many times: The Maha-Lakshmi Sutra
21) Recite mantras! All mantras create merit when recited.